Course Name: Professional Indian Head Massage Diploma course
(24 CPD points)
Locations: Bridgwater, London, Portsmouth
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage (IHM) is a treatment based on old Ayurvedic (science of life/wisdom) techniques involving work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands, scalp and face. Using a variety of massage movements, Indian head massage can help to relieve stress, reduce fatigue, invigorate and stimulate a person. Indian Head Massage is also used to aid the condition and health of the hair. Indian head massage is a non-invasive treatment in which clothing doesn't have to be removed and a treatment can take place anywhere without the need of a lot of equipment. A treatment will last between 20 minutes to one hour. Indian head massage uses oils for the benefit of the hair, skin, mind and spirit of a person.
Indian head massage aims to restore balance and inner harmony to the mind, body and spirit to improve the health of an individual.
During an Indian head massage the therapist will also work on the client's chakras.
What are the benefits of Indian head massage?
Physiological benefits of Indian head massage
Psychological benefits of Indian head massage
- Increases flexibility in the shoulders and neck.
- Helps to relieve congestion in the head.
- Has been known to reduce oedema.
- Helps to nourish tissues and encourage healing.
- Improves mobility in stiff joints.
- Improves the condition of the skin.
- Increases lymphatic flow that helps the body to eliminate waste.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Helps to relieve headaches.
- Helps to relieve eye strain.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Increases oxygen in the tissues.
- Loosens the scalp area.
- Relaxation of the muscles.
- Helps to break down fibrous adhesions, knots and nodules.
- Promotes sleep.
- Can help postural problems.
- Encourages cell regeneration.
Benefits of our diploma courses,
- Reduces stress.
- Promotes sleep.
- Can promote clearer thinking.
- Helps to bring on a state of relaxation.
- Help to reduce mental tiredness.
- Improves concentration.
- Releases stagnant energy.
- Creates a feeling of happiness.
- Rebalances energy flow.
- Lowers stress levels.
- Helps to calm feelings of irritability.
- Help to relieve depression.
- Creates a feeling of being calm and balanced.
- Elevates moods.
they are accredited with The Guild of Holistic Therapists and offer:
What do I need to bring on the practical training day?
- Home study of the theory section of the course.
- One-day practical training.
- Easy and fun learning experience.
- No previous experience needed.
- FREE DVD to accompany the course.
- Support from our tutors throughout the course.
- Special offers on therapy supplies needed for the therapy.
- Accredited by the GHT allowing you to practice professionally.
- If you are attending one of our private one to one session you will receive the treatment yourself so that you will know what the treatment feels like.
- High CPD points gained with all our courses.
- Highly experienced tutors who are dedicated to their therapies.
- Full comprehensive course manuals
Course theory and practical
- Your training manual.
- Your model if you are doing a private lesson.
- A packed lunch and a bottle of water.
- Copies of your previous qualifications if these have not already been submitted to us.
- A jumper for after the treatment. After some treatments the body can feel cold.
After you have completed the theory section of the course and answered the evaluation questions these need to be sent to us for marking. At the practical session you will work through a whole treatment session from set-up to aftercare and be marked on your work. If you pass the course your certificate will be sent to you from our head office with 14 days of completing your course and you will be able to gain insurance with
What happens on the day of the practical training?
On the day of your practical training you will need to attend one of our venues where you will be taught all the techniques required for this therapy. Our classes are friendly and very informative. If you have booked onto one of our one to one practical training days you will need to bring a model with you to work on. Your client will need to have a consultation carried out before the training to insure they do not have any contra-indications. If you are joining one of our group practical training days you will not have to bring a model, as you will be working on your fellow students. Please be aware that our course may consist of mixed gender students.
What happens after the course?
Once you are a fully qualified practitioner and you have gained the correct insurance we suggest.
- You practice your therapy techniques upon family and friends until you become confident.
- You use the provided DVD to refine your techniques and make sure that you understand the routine.
- You contact us via email if you have any questions.
- You can also return to us for practical refresher sessions or advance workshops.